Amazon FireStick is one of the most popular media streaming services in the market, which is used worldwide. It is an inexpensive gadget that instantly covers all kinds of regular cable TV with HDMI ports in any Smart TV. If you have an Amazon Firestick device while traveling, then you might have noticed that various streaming services like iPlayer, Peacock, HULU, BBC are not available. This is something that Best VPN For Firestick can solve. With a good VPN, you can enjoy torrenting, tv apps, tv shows from Disney and much more.
Firestick is an easy-to-use device with an easy setup guide. It works on modified android firmware. It gives you access to some of the widely used streaming services like Kodi, Netflix us, HULU, and much more. We have tested many different streaming devices like Android Boxes, but nothing was as good as Amazon FireStick.
Firestick is supremely portable, and you can get access to your subscription by the HDMI port. However, geo-blocks are the major concern we have found that blocks the content while you are traveling. Using the Best VPN For Firestick app can change that.
By changing the location, you can unlock any media content from anywhere anytime with Best VPN For Firestick. This means that if you are in the US and choose the UK server, then you will get access to BBC iPlayer, and if you are anywhere in Europe, you can use a HULU subscription through a US server.
That’s wonderful. But there have been some issues with Firestick setbacks too. There are a few restrictions and limitations on streaming services, government, and probably with your ISPs too.
- Online Surveillance, ISP monitoring, governments, hackers, or cryptocurrency miners. They are responsible for putting your privacy in danger.
- Geo-restriction limits content access in only specific locations.
- Internet Throttling by the ISP (Internet Service Provider) that results in slow internet speed and buffering issues and ruins your entertainment experience.
- Legal hassles like streaming on popular Kodi addons and dedicated apps like Cinema APK, Mobdro, Live Net, and many more have a greater risk of getting your privacy exposed to internet creepers.
Thankfully, all these problems could be easily overcome by using Best VPN For Firestick. A good quality VPN will mask your IP and another online identity that will provide you 100% privacy. Therefore we will be discussing how to install Firestick VPN and learn its quick setup guide. But before that, we will discuss how VPN works to help you better understand the concept.
Explain How A VPN Works/How To Use VPN On Firestick
If the VPN you chose is available on the Amazon FireTV store, then its setup guide is very easy. All you need to do is sign up, install the VPN app on your device, and finally connect to VPN servers. In our list, we have mentioned the Best VPN For Firestick In 2021, and the one that stole the spotlight was IPVanish VPN.
Most VPNs are not available on the Amazon Firestick store. Adding it from some third-party source is not that hard. However, installing it can be pretty tricky to download on a laptop, desktop, mobile. The reason is that Firestick doesn’t have Google Play. You have to manually install the Android APK file through any Google Play connected device.
- Mouse Input Control On Firestick: Some VPN services won’t work with Firestick remote and need a mouse to use. So the only solution that we are left with is to connect it to a Bluetooth mouse with new FireTV stick versions. The other option is a mouse toggle. The mouse toggle makes your smartphone a mouse that can be used for controlling your Firestick. However, you need to enable the ADB Debugging feature in the FireTV settings. The instructions will be provided in the app itself.
- Change DNS Settings: Some users with a Firestick device and a VPN set on routers have been known to face issues with changing their locations for unblocking geo-locked content. In most cases, FireTV sends DNS requests in VPN tunnels externally, which makes all this happen. For this, you need to change the DNS settings of the Fire TV devices. Check whether your VPN provider has a DNS address or not.
- Change Fire TV Timezone: To get access to the geo-locked content, the timezone of the device must align with the country’s geographic location. Here’s how.”
- Go to Home Menu > scroll down > select Settings
- Choose System > Time Zone
- Choose Time Zone, make sure to choose the time zone of another country
- Change Amazon Account country: To get content from Amazon Instant Video or Amazon Prime Video, the amazon account needs to be changed to the US or some other country. You can do this by:
- Go to Your Account > Manage your content and devices
- Select Settings
- Go to country settings > Click Change
- Enter US address > in case you do not know, just google search it
- Click Update
Why You Need A VPN For Firestick
You need a VPN service for Firestick to ensure that you can utilize your device in whatever way possible without any fear of getting your private data leaked online.
Therefore we have selected some reasons why you need a VPN for Firestick:
- Online Surveillance: Whether you like it or not, online surveillance by the government, ISP, and some third-party vendors can be a serious pain. We have studied the matter thoroughly and found out that it’s dangerous to let someone peek at all your online activities. Therefore what a VPN does is that it applies an extra level of protection to your IP address and keeps the online activity tunnels anonymous all the time. This makes it tough for anybody to track your activities. IPVanish employs the best encryption technologies amongst all the other VPN mentioned in the article.
- Internet Service Provider Throttling: Since all your online activities are constantly being spied on while streaming on various platforms like Cinema APK, Kodi, Titanium TV, CyberFlix, and others, your ISP has a track of everything. Internet Throttling is basically curtailing down the internet speed connection while streaming videos online. It’s not noticeable if you are a casual internet user. But for the people who are a regular streamer or online gamer, he/she is more likely to face internet speed fluctuation. ISPs call this technique load-balancing which is legal on their part. Therefore it’s better to use a VPN service to face any ISPO throttling issues. ISP can identify if you are streaming or downloading files. And because they don’t know that, your internet speed remains constant.
- Geo Restriction: you can get access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, amazon app store and much more on Firestick. However, the content available on these streaming platforms are highly limited to your geographical location. For instance, Netflix is available in well over 180 countries. Many contents are not available in every place, even if Netflix originals hold their rights. It is due to the content distribution rights of that place. To unblock these geo-restricted contents, simply get a VPN and select a server of your choice from where you want to watch content.
- Legal Hassles: You can quickly set up Kodi on Firestick along with other third-party addons like Mobdro and Cinema APK. They allow you to get access to free vpn content. Therefore, it’s not a surprise that you might end up streaming something that is private copyrighted content that is illegal. Thus when you stream with a VPN, your online activities are kept hidden, and no one can trace your records or determine whether you are streaming or ensuring your anonymity. It is prohibited by law to stream or share copyrighted content. Therefore we strongly recommend you not to get involved in that.
Best VPN For Firestick
There are more best free VPN and paid VPN providers in the market. However, we have finalized the list of best out of the Best VPN For Firestick that we found was worth mentioning. Therefore after a lot of research and testing, here are our conclusion for the Best VPN For Firestick
- IPVanish VPN
There were other VPNs, too, but they didn’t come as close to as IPVanish VPN and the rest four we have listed. It truly stands out from the crowd in terms of fast speeds, privacy and protection from security issues like malware, anonymity, and other various services. Starting with IPVanish VPN, here’s our list of Best VPN For Firestick:
IPVanish VPN, as mentioned, is the best and one of the fastest VPN service providers on our list that works amazingly well on Firestick devices. What makes IPVanish unique is that it has well over 1,600+ servers with impressive bandwidth in 80+ different server locations in the world. It has 256-bit AES encryptions IKEv2 and OpenVPN along with a rock-bottom connection security.
IPVanish has multiple device connectivity where you can connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously with just one account. Just like any other VPN service in this segment, IPVanish has a router-level configuration that secures the wifi hotspot connection. Moreover, IPVanish is the most affordable VPN provider from it’s monthly plan to it’s one year plan.
- Get IPVanish Subscription
- Go to Find > and then Search on the home screen
- Search IPVanish in the search bar
- Click the IPVanish icon > Click Download
- Run the IPVanish app > get your IPVanish Username & Password -> enter login credentials > Click Login
- Click Connect > choose server manually > click country, city, server
ExpressVPN is a multipurpose VPN for Firestick users and is one of the best VPNs in this segment. It is constantly being ranked one on featured posts, test concurs, and various reviews. With more than 3000 servers in 90+ countries and 160 locations, ExpressVPN is definitely a deal-sealer in providing you many simultaneous connections.
With 256-bit AES encryption, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, Split Tunneling, Kill Switch, a no-log policy, and few other security features, ExpressVPN is an incredibly strong and amazing VPN service for Firestick. It lets you connect more than 5 devices simultaneously in one account. It has a configuration for routers, too, that allows you to connect and protect as many devices as you can. ExpressVPN ensures you have a worry-free and unlocked entertainment experience. ExpressVPN has everything you need for unrestricted web surfing.
In case you are low on budget, then we would definitely recommend Surfshark as it is one of the cheapest VPN services providers in this segment. It has a perfect balance in pricing and features. It is one of the safest and secure online service providers. Surfshark has military-grade AES 256-bit encryption that helps to ensure secured streaming on Amazon Fire tv Sticks.
Kill Switch, leak protection, Camouflage Mode, strict no-logs policy, Private DNS, and MultiHop feature is what makes Surfshark the Best VPN For FireStick. It has more than 3,200 servers in total spread across 65 different countries, Surfshark is fairly fast too. Many of its servers allow a fast, buffer-free, and smooth streaming experience. Sufshark has been able to maintain 3rd spot in our list because of its borderless streaming experience with no geo-locked content. Surfshark is a quite handy tool for bufferless streaming.
Not just Firestick, you can use Surfshark on other various devices, too, including ios, smartphones, laptops, mac, linux, windows desktops, and much more.
NordVPN is another all-in-one VPN service provider with fast and reliable connectivity. It adheres to all the industry standards when it comes to encryption technologies and also ensures the tunneling of the online traffic through the most secured servers. It has a dual-layered architecture that provides security and reroutes the connectivity through two different servers making enhanced security.
NordVPN user interface is extremely easy to use on Firestick devices. You are allowed to connect to secured servers with a click of a button. In case you are planning to use NordVPN on multiple devices, you can do that too, as it has connectivity on 6 devices simultaneously.
Not just to unblock Netflix content, you can use NordVPN to simply stay anonymous while streaming. It could perform decently well for you. NordVPN is not as fast as IPVanish VPN, but it is still good with all things considered. It definitely deserves a place in the best VPN For Firestick In 2021.
Cyberghost offers security at a global level with over 7000+ servers internationally which include over 90 countries. It has a no-logs policy that means there are no identifiable footprints when you are browsing the internet or streaming on Firestick.
CyberGhost has an agreeable connection speed throughout its servers. It has a best-in-class encryption technology that secures all your activities online. In addition to that, CyberGhost holds all kinds of media content from various streaming platforms.
CyberGhost has up to 7 device compatibility, which means you can connect 7 different devices simultaneously. It also has an amazing user interface for Firestick that is very user-friendly, which lets you stream all media content instantly.
Why Do We Choose IPVanish VPN Over Others?
When we were analyzing and experimenting with all the VPNs available in the market, we had the idea of including multiple VPNs like ExpressVPN and PureVPN in the list. However, we came to a realization that putting 10 VPNs or even more will only create more confusion and put you into guessing which to buy.
Therefore, to keep things simple, we have listed the 5 top VPN services, and out of that, we chose IPVanish to be the best performing VPN over others. Here are some key factors to why we chose IPVanish VPN over others.
- Connection Speed: The speed of the internet connection is the most important factor when you are searching fr a Firestick VPN. The recommended speed by Netflix for TV includes video streaming through any source.
- 3 MB/s for 480p videos
- 4-5 MB/s for High-Definition videos or both 480p and 1080p
- 25 MB/s for UHD or 4K videos.
Always remember that there will always be speed throttling issues while connected to a VPN. Now the main deciding factor is which VPN gives you the optimal speed when connected to their servers. Therefore, IPVanish was our top pick for Firestick VPN as it provides minimal speed loss. Other VPNs showed considerable speed drop but IPVanish managed to stay constant throughout the downloading process.
- Encryption Strength: The most effective and reliable encryption protocol is OpenVPN 256-bit AES encryption. It will be a major deciding factor before choosing any VPN service. This is a feature that lets IPVanish get its rightful place in our list. It is a must-have encryption protocol for all VPN competitors.
- Security Features: Kill Switch, Split Tunneling, and DNS leak protection are some essential security features that must be considered before selecting any Firestick VPN, For example, IPVanish VPN is equipped with the above-mentioned features. This is one of the main reasons why IPVanish VPN managed to secure a top spot for one of the Best VPNs For Fire stick.
- No-Log Policy: No one would be able to record or track your online activities, issue a subpoena, dig into your records or fetch your logs if they are not being traced. This is what makes a VPN fully secure. IPVanish VPN has a strict policy for maintaining the no-logs policy. There are not document therefore there is nothing to reveal. IPVanish maintains a zero-log policy.
- Customer Support: IPVanish VPN has excellent customer support and live chat support sevices. A good VPN for Firestick will never have something that makes you contact their support. IPVanish offers 24/7 customer support through email or live chat. They also have phone support during working hours. Their technical support team contacts you immediately after your service request. They respond within 24 hours but it some cases it might take 48 hours too.
- User-Friendly App: Always make sure that whenever you are choosing the Best VPN connection For Firestick In 2021, always find a VPN with a good user interface design. It is definitely one of the most important aspects to consider. As Firestick has remote control, thus the VPN must also be remote-friendly. IPVanish provides 100% compatibility with Firestick remote systems. The layout design of IPVanish VPN is neat and incredible too. It packs tons of features.
- Jurisdiction: IPVanish VPN parent company is StackPath which is based in the US and falls under US jurisdiction. It is mandatory for US-based companies to follow the nation’s retention laws.
- Guaranteed Money Back/Refund: If one thing that’s common between all the above-mentioned VPNs, it is the money-back guarantee policy. IPVanish has a 30-day money-back guarantee policy. In case you have changed your mind and want to discontinue using the IPVanish services, you can generate a refund ticket and get your money back. Although we wouldn’t recommend you doing so as IPVanish could be your best VPN service provider.
Firestick is a fantastic and outstanding streaming device that has revolutionized the world of entertainment. It has changed how we watch TV, stream, and share content. Even if you don’t have access to a Smart TV, you can use its HDMI port to insert it into any device and make it your own home theatre. With the Best VPN For Firestick In 2021, you can overcome any issues like ISP throttling, geo-locked content, and much more.
VPN Disclaimer – We do not condone the illegal use of VPN services. The consumption of pirated content that is normally paid for is not approve or endorsed by Cord Cutters Anonymous. All VPN services should be used for legal recreational purposes only. If you are using a VPN to access a service from abroad, please read that service’s terms and conditions.