Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick has a wide range of features that is hard to ignore. The product quality is immensely appreciated by people worldwide. Amazon Firestick lets people stream or watch movies, TV series, and other shows accessed through the television or the internet.
Nowadays, mirroring or casting various kinds of devices into Smart TVs has become relatively popular and common. However, the rapid increase in the number of brands and manufacturers poses many challenges with device connectivity & compatibility issues that crop up now and then.
One of these examples of these scenarios would be casting Amazon Firestick as it won’t synchronize with Smart TVs or another device after unboxing. So one can mirror or cast their phones, tablets, Smart TVs easily with Amazon Firestick. However, the methods are different for different kinds of devices, and we will be covering all of the methods of How To Cast To Firestick individually. So let’s dive right into it.
Google’s Chromecast is a dongle that is the best way to cast any video clip from pc, phone, or tablet into your Smart TV. However, the only drawback is that it requires a TV interface and proper remote to function. This is where Amazon Firestick shines as its new application provides the best of the two worlds.
Casting works through an application called ‘Google Chrome Extension’ that you can download from the Google Chrome store. It lets you cast any browser tab that enables you to play music, watch videos, watch movies, or view photos from various social media websites through your entertainment setup.
This tab mirroring feature also allows you to content from other media broadcasting services like Hulu.com. Still, the performance is a little bit choppy and laggy sometimes, and audio music is prone to latency. There are few websites that help in dealing with problems, like Youtube that supports its own dedicated native casting features.
Now before we move to the next part, where we have discussed all the methods for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Chromebook of How To Cast To Firestick, let us create an initial wireless setting first.
Just to ensure that your Amazon Firestick device is properly configured to the same Wi-Fi connection as the smart device in which you want to cast, follow these steps.
- Go To Home Page, and then navigate to the Settings menu on the top right of the screen.
- A new page will show up; scroll over to the Network icon and select it.
- There would be a list of all the Wi-Fi connections displayed on your screen that are available at your nearby place. Make sure that your Firestick device must be connected with the same Wi-Fi as the device where you want to mirror or cast. And if it’s not, then connect one of the devices to the same network.
Once you are done configuring your devices from the above steps, proceed with the instructions that are given below.
Follow the below-given instructions for casting your Android device to the Amazon Fire TV. Your device may or may have few differences or may have some limitations regarding the Operating System or device model that it’s running on. The following steps are performed on the latest Android 11 OS.
Using casting through an Android Device to a Firestick is relatively easy, especially when Amazon has eased down some restrictions on Chromecast. So first, you need to configure the mirroring on the Fire TV to enable it. Here are the steps:
- Bring your Firestick Remote, press the Home Button, a Menu screen will appear. Scroll over to settings and select it
- Now another page will open, select Display & Sounds.
- Now within the Display & Sounds settings, you have to choose to Enable Display Monitoring.
- A pop-up screen will appear on your screen, showing the status of the wireless mirror and the device on which the content is supposed to be displayed. Leave this screen as it is while you enable your device to get connected to it.
- Now bring your android phone, swipe down from the top to open the notifications bar, and tap on the Wireless Projection icon. In case you don’t see that on your tab, then go to the Settings, which is a gear icon, and then go to Wireless and Bluetooth connections. You can find the Cast/Mirror feature there.
- A message will pop up saying ‘Searching for Devices’
- Check for your Fire TV’s name on the available devices and click on it.
- Your Fire TV must be able to cast your Android phone’s screen after few seconds. Next time, when you want your Fire TV to display your Android screen, just tap on the cast iron, and the rest of the process will happen automatically.
Windows 11 is the newest updated Operating System from Microsoft, which has the casting feature called ‘Miracast’ pre-configured by default. This is the most important as this is what connects your Fire TV with another device. The following steps are quite the same as Android casting with respect to the settings of Fire TV, with just minor differences with PC connection.
- Revert back to the same Display Mirroring Screen as shown above on Firestick. Note down the name of your Fire TV.
- Now, click on the Notifications panel located at the bottom-right corner of the windows 11 screen.
- In the next step, click Expand.
- Now you will see ‘Project,’ click on it and you will see various options saying ‘PC Screen Only, Duplicate, Extend, Second Screen Only,’ you can choose PC Screen Only for the time being, and change it back again to suit your needs.
- Now, scroll down a little and click Connect To Wireless Display.
- In the next step, click on the name of your Fire TV to start the monitoring process. In case you don’t see your Fire TVs name in the list of connections, then press Find Other Types Of Devices and check. Ad if you still see your device name on the list, then ensure that if your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Your Fire TV Stick must be able to cast your Windows screen now.
Casting your iPhone or iPad screen on Firestick devices is not as straightforward as the Android procedure. However, it can still be mirrored with the help of the ‘Airscreen App.’ Without this, iOS and Firestick will not connect right out of the box as Android does. So to accomplish this task, let us see the below-given procedures.
- Turn on the Fire TV, go to the Search icon that is located at the top-left corner of the menu screen.
- On the search bar, type ‘Airscreen.’
- Download & Install this application on your iOS device. This application lets iPhones and iPads connect with Fire TV devices. You can also go to the home page of the Airscreen App to know more about its functions and features.
- Once the installation process is completed, run the Airscreen App; you will be probed with a few tutorials along the way. You can just skip them. Now you can either choose How To Use or Start now to proceed further.
- Now, the menu section will pop up. To access the Settings, press the gear icon and enable the Airplay option.
- Go back to the home screen, choose Start, and then click the Start button.
- Bring your iOS device, swipe up to open the system tray, and click on the Settings icon, and press ‘Screen Mirroring.’
- Check for the name of your Firestick TV and then click on it.
- The device should be able to display content on the Fire TV by now.
It is no brainer that Mac has similar steps of casting screens to iPhones and iPads to Firestick TV devices. Therefore you can follow these below-given steps to accomplish this:
- If you haven’t downloaded the ‘Airplay App’ on your Fire TV system, then do it now
- To access the Settings on your Fire TV, press the gear icon and enable the Airplay option.
- Scroll down to the help menu and press the Home button
- A pop-up menu will appear with four options iOS, MacOS, Android, and Windows. Choose MacOS
- Now, click on Airplay.
- Go to the Airplay icon on your MacOS and then click on it. In case the icon is not present there, then you can open the Apple menu to enable it, then click on Display, Select the Arrangement Tab. You need to ensure that both the Show Mirroring and Mirror Displays options must be ‘Tick’ in the checkbox on the menu bar.
- Check for the name of your Firestick TV and then click on it.
- Bring your Firestick TV remote and hold down the home button.
- Your Firestick TV must start casting the Mac screen now.
Chromebook casting is very different than any other devices mentioned above, be it iOS, Android, Windows PC, or Mac, simply because of the reason that Chromebook is locked into the Chrome OS.
It was developed to run without the need for any additional third-party applications or at least anything unapproved by Google. This tells us that casting or mirroring on Chromebooks can be done only by using an HDMI display cable. However, there are few ways to bypass this restriction, but there is no surety that it will work.
Let’s take a walk around to enable casting on Chromebook Google Play Store. Follow these below-given steps:
- Go to the bottom-right corner of your Chromebook screen and then click Quick Settings
- To open settings, click on the Gear icon.
- Scroll all the way down and press the Google PLay Store box to Turn it on. Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Now run the Google Play Store.
From here, you will be able to find all the best firestick apps to connect with it. Download and install them and follow all the instructions provided by us carefully. If you want to take your firestick to the next level, try jailbreaking your firestick for a completely new user experience!