With a rapid increase in videos on-demand, video broadcasting and streaming services have become an increasingly common sight for many. However, just because it's a common thing doesn’t mean that everybody is aware of the ins and outs of streaming device.
Just take an example of the amazon fire tv remotes. It is a simple USB device with a remote and doesn’t seem much complicated, but sometimes even pairing the remote with the Firestick device may seem to be a daunting task. It will leave people in a state of confusion.
So in this article, we’ll be discussing not just How To Pair Firestick Remote but also some great features of Amazon Firestick TV and third-party remote. If you want to reek the full potential of your Firestick streaming video player, then this article will guide you to do just that.
But before getting into the topic, let us understand what Amazon Fire Stick TV is and what type of services it provides. So let's dive in.
Amazon Fire TV Stick is also called Firestick, a product made by the world’s number one eCommerce company ‘Amazon’ in the video streaming market. This product lineup from Amazon was first introduced in April 2014 to compete with its video streaming counterparts Apple TV and Roku.
During the prime days of Fire TV Stick, the original Fire TV had some extra features in the video streaming platform, mostly the gaming capabilities and ‘Sev Zero’, which is a free game that came bundled within the device system.
The same year in November, Amazon introduced a better and more portable device called ‘Fire TV Stick’ or ‘Firestick TV’. It was designed for plugging it into any modern Smart TV HDMI port, Smart home including a non-voice standard controller remote bundled with it. The firestick offers a ton of applications that allow you to stream live tv, movies, tv shows, sports and more.
The latest Fire TV Stick products are the updated version of the third-generation lineup, with better models getting released in October 2021. The second generation was introduced into the market in October 2016, and the 4k version was separately released in October 2018 with the name Fire TV Stick 4k. All versions of the firestick can be jailbroken easily.
There are many things that may cause the Firestick Remote to stop working or prevent it from working entirely. Although, the most common known issues are related to the batteries, electrical interference from any other nearby devices, and obstructions that prevent the signals released from the remote.
But before you start scratching your head over not being able to pair your Firestick Remotes, you need to set up your the amazon fire tv stick itself. Therefore follow the below-given steps and open Settings:
- An HD or UHD Smart TV with HDMI port. There is no latest TV in existence that does not have any HDMI port. UHD technology has been made universal since 2012. You would be fine if you purchased your Smart TV and Smart home within the last five years.
- AAA Remote Batteries
- High-speed Wi-Fi connection – the Amazon Fire TV Stick does not have any port for Lan cable, so it only supports a Wi-Fi connection.
- Amazon Website Account – All you need to do is register on the Amazon website as Firestick needs product registration with an amazon account. Do not subscribe to any premium or exclusive account, as the free account will get the job done.
Steps For amazon fire tv stick remote open settings and check the power button
To set up your amazon fire tv stick remote device, here are the steps:
- Bring your Amazon Fire TV Stick and plug it into your TVs HDMI port. Note the port number that you used.
- In case the Firestick cannot be plugged in directly, or there’s just not enough space to fit in, then bring an HDMI extender cable that came bundled with the product and plug it with the Firestick device.
- Bring the USB power cable and plug one end to the port at the side of the Firestick device.
- Plug the other head of the USB cable into the adapter and then plug the adapter to the socket.
- Bring the AAA remote batteries and insert them into amazon fire tv stick remotes.
- The Firestick USB should get paired with the remote automatically, and if it doesn’t, or you want to change the remote device, then follow the next steps.
- Go to the video input of your TV and set the HDMI port to the one that you just plugged in. For instance, if you chose HDMI1, then set your video input to HDMI1. This could be different depending on the type of your TV or model. Input controls are generally in the TV remote’s main menu.
- Pair your Firestick device with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Get your Amazon Firestick TV registered.
- Now, your Amazon Firestick would be ready to use
Usually, the Firestick Remote should get paired automatically with the help of Firestick USB. However, if it still fails to configure, then try the following methods.
Retry Automatic Discovery
- Bring your Firestick TV remote and press the hold the home button for 10 seconds.
- The TV screen will pop up, then press the play/pause button to start, reset the discoverability.
- After pressing play/pause button just ensure that you stay within 10 feet of the TV.
- Take the AAA batteries out from the remote.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds, and then insert the batteries again.
- Press and hold the home button again for a minimum of 10 seconds for re-initiating discovery.
- Press hold the the amazon fire tv stick remote home button.
- Press the menu button three times while holding the Home button
- Release the Home button
- This time, press the menu button nine times.
- Take the batteries out of the remote and then unplug the firestick adapter.
- Wait for at least one minute, and then insert the batteries again. Re-plug the new fire stick remote
- After the Home screen appears on the TV screen again, hold the home button again for at least 40 seconds.
- Wait for the completion of the setup on TV screen.
- Unplug the Firestick adapter, wait for at least one minute.
- Press and hold the menu button and left button together for about 12 seconds.
- Release both the buttons at the same time and wait for about 5 seconds
- Take off the remote batteries.
- Plugin the Firestick adapter again and wait for about one minute.
- Put the batteries back in the remote again.
- Press the Firestick remote home button. Now, the remote should be paired automatically.
- In case the pairing doesn't start automatically, press and hold the home button for at least ten seconds.
- Remove the Firestick adapter from the electric socket and wait for about 1 minute.
- Press and hold the new fire stick remote left button, back button and menu button altogether for 12 seconds for alexa voice remote.
- Release all the three buttons and wait for about 5 seconds
- Take the batteries off from the Firestick remote.
- Plug the Firestick adapter back again and wait for 1 minute.
- Put the batteries back into the remote.
- Press the home button again on the Firestick remote. Pairing should be done automatically. If it still doesn’t happen, then press and hold the home button on the remote for another 10 seconds.
If you can’t find your new fire stick remote, lost somewhere or broken, and you don't have a spare remote ready, then you can Use Fire TV Remote App that will act as a remote through the mobile application.
Although it is not as portable and handy as the actual new fire stick remote, it still gets the job done on a temporary basis until you get a replacement. You can download and install the Amazon Fire TV remote App from both Google Play Store & Apple App Store for all android and iOS devices. Google play store you can easily install in new device.
The steps are as follows:
- Download & install the Amazon Fire TV application on your desired mobile device
- Ensure that both of your Firestick and mobile devices are connected under the same Wi-Fi network
- Run the Fire TV remote app
- Enter the login credentials of your Amazon account
- Select button Fire TV Stick on the application.
- Power on your TV and ensure that the video input is set into the HDMI port where the Firestick device is plugged.
- You will receive a message displaying ‘connection request code’ when you select button
- Enter that code in your mobile application
- Wait for a connection to be established with the firestick device.
- You can use your mobile as a temporary Firestick TV to control
The entertainment industry has changed dramatically over the past few decades after the television broadcasters dictated schedules. With Amazon Firestick and a few other VOD programming applications and devices, the choice of what and when to watch is in your hands.
Provided that you already know How To Pair Firestick Remote and get access to all the features that the device offers. Hopefully, our guide helped you to get all the info that you needed. However, if you still have any queries, you can visit us.