Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV stick has immensely been getting fame due to its unique concept. It is a device that lets the user stream content from the internet on their televisions without the burden of any complicated setup.
The firestick converts your Television into Smart Television and makes you enter into the high-tech advancing world. Below you will see the easy and fast way to setup your firestick device for the first time in a step-by-step tutorial.
Firestick was first introduced in the year of 2014 to bring about evolution. It is a networking appliance that fosters audio and video content remotely from the internet to your television at home. Like Roku, it supports streaming services and apps like Hulu, Netflix, Prime videos and more.
It resembles a USB flash drive but has a much larger size. Game lovers regard this as a boon because it allows them to play video games with a fire tv remote. Not only this, but Amazon Fire TV Stick also provides access to the local content in your area via wireless networking. The user can enjoy movies, shows, programs and many more just with this device.
Setting up the Firestick for the first time is not a burdensome task if you have all the needed requirements. However, there are some prerequisites for setting up the Firestick.
Here is a list which the user should take care with before starting:-
- The first requirement for Firestick is a TV that supports and is compatible with the Amazon Firestick. Any TV having an HD or UHD port and an HDMI port is regarded as a compatible TV. Almost all the latest TVs have these ports and can easily access Firestick when connected to it.
- If your TV does not have an HDMI port, you can use an HDMI converter and connect Fire Stick to a TV. RCA cables are also needed along with the HDMI Converter. You will only be able to stream or watch any movie or show with the maximum resolution of 480p because RCA cables are capable of supporting resolution up to this level only. You can see this product on Amazon.
- A good speed Internet connection is also very essential. Without the WiFi network, there is no value of Firestick. A wireless internet connection fosters the smooth working of the Amazon Fire TV Stick. It does not have an ethernet port, so only a wireless network can work with it.
- Technically there are no speed requirements for Fire TV Stick to operate, but an ideal speed for an internet connection is around 3 Megabytes per second. It will let you stream in SD (Standard Definition).
- If you desire to stream your favourite content in HD (high definition), then the minimum speed of the internet connection remains at 5 megabits per second.
- The user can check the speed of your WiFi network at any point in time by visiting fast.com.
- To avail of the Amazon Fire TV Stick benefits, you must have a valid Amazon account. The account doesn't need to be registered with Amazon Prime. A regular Amazon account caters to the need of setting up the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- If you do not have an Amazon account, even then, you need not worry. You can always create a new account (free of cost) while setting up Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The remote control provided with Amazon Fire Tv Stick needs batteries to operate. It requires 2 AAA batteries. It also has Alexa voice control so the users can give voice commands conveniently.
With some knowledge and easy steps, any new user can set up this commendable device for the first time with no hassle. Some necessary tips should be considered before setting up. Here is a step by step guide to ease your task.
1. PLUG THE FIRESTICK
The foremost step of setting up any electronic device is plugging in. Likewise, plug in your Amazon Fire TV Stick into your TV'sTV's HDMI port. This port will enable the unobstructed working of both video and audio content on your television. The Firestick is connected to the HDMI TV through a USB port. The Firestick will also have an HDMI extender in the box. Then turn on the TV stick.
2. PLUG THE POWER ADAPTER
The next step after plugging the Firestick is to plug the power adapter of the Amazon Fire TV. This is to be done into an outlet that might be near your fire tv device. Take special care that the cable is not stretched because a loose connection can prove to be hazardous.
3. CONNECT POWER ADAPTER TO FIRE TV
A micro USB cable will connect the power adapter to the Fire TV. Untangle the cable completely and connect it to both ends tightly. Any loose connections will cause disruptions or might not even work. Do not use the cable if it has open wiring or is frayed from any end.
4. SET UP FIRE TV REMOTE
Amazon Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa voice remote that makes functioning possible. To operate and set up the remote, put the batteries in the Fire TV remote. Slightly push the back cover of the remote and insert the batteries at the right slot. Do not force the batteries and let it fit perfectly while you try. Make sure it aligns well.
5. TURN ON THE TELEVISION
After doing the setup till here, turn on the television for further settings.
6. SELECT THE APPROPRIATE HDMI INPUT
After your Television switches on, you will have to select the right HDMI input such as HDMI1 or HDMI3 with tv controls. A loading screen will appear with the official logo of the Fire TV Stick.
7. PAIR THE REMOTE
Pairing a fire stick remote means that it conveys your commands from the remote to the screen. Without the remote, the purpose of the Amazon Fire TV stick to convert your TV into smart TV will not be successful.
The remote sometimes pairs automatically with the TV as you switch it on. In this case, you won't have to perform any extra steps to pair the remote.
However, if the remote does not pair automatically with Amazon Fire TV Stick, the following steps can be followed:-
- You have to press the home button of the remote, which is at the centre. Hold it for a few seconds or up to 10 seconds. If the light at the top of the remote starts to blink very quickly, stop pressing.
- A blue light will be flashed when paired with the Fire TV successfully, or an on-screen message will be displayed letting you know about the pairing status (“Press to start”).
- If this step does not work, you can try resetting the remote. Although for absolutely new users, resetting is not required, it might be helpful in a few cases. Unplug the fire stick plug for around 60 seconds from the power outlet.
- After that, press the left, back and the menu button simultaneously and hold them for 12 seconds.
- In the next step, try taking out the batteries of the remote and putting it in again.
- Then repeat the same steps of resetting, plugging in the Fire Stick back in the outlet. After waiting for 60 seconds, again press the home button on the remote.
8. HOW TO USE FOR PHONE AS A REMOTE?
Amazon Fire TV Stick also has an option to operate the functioning of the remote in your smartphone. All you have to do is install the Amazon Fire TV App on your phone. It is available on both Android phones and the iOS App Store. Select your device from the app and log in to your Amazon account. You will have to enter the pin displayed on the screen. Finally, you will see the remote buttons on your phone screen. Within seconds, your phone will be converted into a remote.
This feature is very helpful if you forget to take your remote along with you while travelling or lose your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote. It has all similar buttons like the play/pause button. However, a good performance is not guaranteed.
Select your preferred language from various options on the screen so that you are comfortable with the screen instructions or any content displayed further on the TV screen.
10. CONNECT YOUR FIRE TV WITH INTERNET
Enter the wi-fi password correctly and connect it with your Wi-Fi connection for further action. Download the latest software update of Fire TV, once connected with an adequate internet facility.
11. AMAZON ACCOUNT
Sign in to your Amazon Account by putting up your mobile number or email address on the screen. Follow the instructions on the screen and type the verification code. If you do not have an account already, you will have the option of creating a new one.
You can adjust the settings of the device through the remote. For instance, increase or decrease the volume according to your preference.
13. PARENTAL CONTROL
An option of enabling or disabling parental control will pop up. Select the desired option. If you click on “Enable Parental Controls “, you will get a screen asking for a unique PIN. Type a PIN that the children might not be able to access. You can also reset the PIN later on, if you wish to, by visiting amazon.com/pin.
14. APPS, SERVICES AND TV CHANNELS
The next screen will ask whether or not you want to go through the options available with Fire TV and make it personalized. There will be two options available to you, Get started and No, thanks. You can download the applications with the tour as well.
On clicking the “Get Started” option, the screen will show you various options available of Popular services the user wants to select. Then you can select the TV channels you want. Along with that, you can also opt for featured services and sports applications.
15. DOWNLOAD THE APPS
The Amazon app store lets you download various applications on the Fire TV device. Click on the finish button to download apps, and then the TV will display these apps on the home screen. Amazon Fire TV Stick comes with a lot of options to choose from. You can enjoy tv shows, movies, and programs of every genre you like without any obstacle.
16. BLUETOOTH PAIRING
An option for pairing your Bluetooth devices with Fire TV is also available. You can watch and enjoy TV without actually disturbing anyone around you by connecting your wireless headset with the TV. Here is a complete guide for you to continue watching your favourite show even while your children are sleeping beside you. You can consider the following steps:-
- The foremost step is turning on the Bluetooth device that you want to pair with the Fire TV. It should be in the pairing mode to pair your headphones or earphones successfully with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The Bluetooth device should be visible publicly.
- On the main screen of your TV, you will have to choose settings by scrolling up.
- After that, select the “Controllers and Bluetooth devices” option.
- You will see an “Other Bluetooth Devices” option there.
- The name of the device you want to pair will appear in the “Discovered Devices” list, along with all the other available Bluetooth devices.
- Select the device you want to pair and wait for it to get completed successfully.
- To disable the connection, turn the Bluetooth device off.
In these few simple ways, you can pair your Bluetooth device with Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Ensure that the device you desire to pair is not already paired with any other device in the proximity. This pairing process has to be done only once in the very beginning and not after that.
Hopefully this guide was helpful so you are setup with your new firestick device ready to roll!
Now that you have your firestick setup, you can now load it with awesome apps to bring it to the next level to watch free movies, tv shows, live tv, live sports and more!
Checkout these blogs below to load your firestick with amazing apps to bring it to the next level!