Sky Go is an online platform that allows you to watch Sky TV shows on your mobile device & stream videos online.
With this app, you can access any programs you would like to see and access different content like the latest news, TV programs, sports highlights, and more.
In addition to this, you can download shows and movies in high definition and watch them whenever you want to. But the downloading option is applicable for the Sky Go subscribed users.
With Sky Go, you can access various videos on your Firestick for hours and hours.
There are no limits to accessing the content with Sky Go on Firestick. Besides movies and shows, it contains amazing content for kids.
Since this app has content in different genres, it is considered the ideal entertainment source in your home.
The Sky Go app on the firestick is one of the many apps you can install on a firestick.
Sky Go is an online Smart TV service introduced by Sky Group. This service offers several Live TV channels to stream.
Moreover, it also provides on-demand Sky TC, on-demand content of movies, Live TV shows, sports highlights, and more.
Along with this, you can also watch several documentaries, entertainment, news, and more with Sky Go on Firestick. This Sky Go app is accessible for many platforms like Amazon Fire devices, Android, Mac, iOS, Windows, and FireStick / Fire TV.
If you are just a beginner and want to install Sky Go on the Amazon firestick, then you are at the right place. Here you will get all the required information to install Sky Go on the Firestick device.
Sky Go on Firestick comes with various features that allow endless entertainment. Here are some of the essential features of the Sky Go application:
- You can download your favorite tv shows movies on your device to watch them later.
- The parental control feature allows users to keep the content family-friendly.
- It features on-demand support that lets you watch missed shows.
- You can activate five different devices using one account.
- The quality of streaming adjusts as per the internet speed.
- Users can remind live matches, TV shows, and more.
- A pop-up will show your upcoming movies and shows on Sky Go on the channels.
- This app also recommends content that is trending all over the world.
- The programs can be streamed via the Sky Go tv using a mac, Xbox 360, windows PC, the operating system of PlayStation 3 or 4, mobile phones, or wifi connectivity on your device.
- The digital rights management program protects it. And is covered by NDS and Microsoft programmers.
- By linking the Sky Q box, users can watch the recordings whenever they want.
- Sky Go offers around seventy live channels like Sky News, Sky Atlantic, Sky 1, Sky Arts 1, and more on Firestick.
- With the Sky Go subscription, you can link up to four devices and download the content of your choice.
- Sky Go is a convenient application that involves various categories such as sports (with Sky Go Extra), entertainment, music, documentaries, news, movies, and many more.
- This application includes popular sports channels such as Sky Sports 5, Sky Sports F1, Eurosport, and more.
- This amazing service offers a great range of entertainment channels like Fox, Comedy Central, TLC, 5USA, ITV, and more.
- Sky Go also provides Kids' channels, including Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Cartoonito, and many more.
Firestick apps are the main used streaming sources through the cord-cutters. Many apps are available for Firestick, but some exclusive apps can access through sideloading.
Unfortunately, these applications may contain copyright contents, which is unsafe. Moreover, the IP address can be tracked by ISP; hence, losing online privacy is high.
To overcome the location-based restrictions and avoid these issues, you must use a VPN service. It will help you to experience hassle-free and seamless streaming.
Plenty of VPN providers are available, but it is recommended to use IPVanish VPN. This is the most secure and fastest VPN services that offer you the best protection when streaming.
As already mentioned above, Sky App is not present in the Amazon app store. It means you need to sideboard the app to access Sky Go on Firestick. The best thing is, sideloading apps for Firestick is very simple, even for beginners.
Whenever we set up third-party apps on Firestick, we need to take the help of either ES File Explorer or Downloader app. It is completely your choice about the method that you are choosing to install Sky Go on Firestick. Below are the different methods available that you can use to install the Sky Go app.
You can access Sky Go on Firestick using three different methods to install the Sky Go application on Fire TV stick. You may use any method according to your choice.
This installation method can be done via the Downloader app. You can use the Downloader app on Firestick to access the Sky Go app. Ensure that you download the ‘downloader app' from the Amazon app store.
Here are the steps that you can follow for installing the Sky Go app:
- Go to the settings on Firestick.
- Choose My Fire TV/ Device Option
- Go to the Developer options.
- Then you can see the option ‘Apps from unknown sources, which is off by default; click it to turn on this option.
- Before turning it on, it will display a warning pop-up text; you can click on the Turn on button to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Now open the downloader app on the Firestick.
- Type the URL of the Sky Go app and press the Go button.
- Be patient and let the app download on your device.
- Once it gets downloaded, the installation window will automatically appear on the Firestick. Press the Install Option.
- After clicking on the button, the installation process starts.
- Once the installation is done, press Open.
- The Sky Go app will open on the Firestick, and you are ready to watch your favorite channels on Firestick.
As the Sky Go app is not accessible on the Amazon app store. So, you need to download this app from third-party sources. As the downloader app is not accessible for various locations, you may use ES file explorer to install the Sky Go app on Firestick. The ES file explorer is a file manager app available on various platforms. Below are steps that you can follow to install the Sky Go app on Firestick.
Note: You need to turn on the ‘apps from an unknown source's option, as you will install a third-party application. To perform this, navigate Settings, go to My Fire TV > go to Developer Options >, enable the Apps from Unknown Sources > And switch on.
Step 1: Go to the Firestick's home screen and click on the search icon.
Step 2: Enter ES File Explorer in the search box to download if you don't have this on your Firestick. You can directly open the ES File Explorer app if you have one.
Step 3: To start downloading, press the downloader icon.
Step 4: Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and enter the download URL and press the download now button to begin downloading.
Step 5: Open the file and press the install button once the download is complete. The Sky Go Apk file will appear in the FireStick installation window.
Step 6: Again, press the install button to begin the installation process.
After completing the installation, click on open to access the Sky Go app. You will be required to sign in to the Sky Go app with the same credentials you used for the Sky TV sign-up. Also, this installation process is applicable for all Amazon Fire TV devices.
Being the largest third-party application store, Aptoide Tv contains a wide collection of different applications. Also, it is used as a Google Playstore alternative. It is considered the quickest and easiest way to sideload applications on the Firestick.
Here are some of the steps that you can follow to install Sky go on the Firestick:
Step 1: Navigate to the Downloader app on the Firestick.
Step 2: Enter the Apk download URL of Aptoide TV and hit the Go button.
Step 3: Then wait for a while until the apk files get downloaded completely.
Step 4: Once the download is finished, the installation window automatically opens. Then hit the install button.
Step5: After completing the installation process of the Aptoide Fire TV cube, press on open to start the application.
Step6: Once the application is installed, you will see a pop-up window displaying the Delete button. Press the button to delete the apk file if you no longer need it.
Step7: Now click on the delete option as it will again ask.
App2Fire is a unique way to set up Sky Go on Firestick wirelessly. To use this application, firstly, you must recognize the IP of Firestick. Then, you can check the ways on the internet to extrude IP in your Firestick.
Here are the steps to set up Sky Go on Firestick Using Apps2Fire:
Step 1: Install the App2Fire app on your android device.
Step 2: Then set up the Sky Go on your android device.
Step 3: Now go to the App2Fire app.
Step 4: Choose setup from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Type the IP cope along with your Firestick.
Step 6: Save the file
Step 7: Then select Local Apps.
Step 8: There is a new TV app located there; click the Download Button.
Step 9:The software program will start installing in the Firestick wirelessly.
Step 10: The Sky Go app will be installed in your Firestick when the setup is finished.
For some reason, if you cannot set up Sky Go on your device with the help of third-party installers, or it doesn't work properly, you may use the Mirroring Screen Function of Firestick. It will mirror the complete content from iOS or Android smartphones. Follow the below-listed steps to screencast Sky Go:
Step 1: Choose Display & Sound option from the settings menu. (For Android)
Step 2: Choose the option to permit to show mirroring and click on it.
Step 3: Click on the mirroring option from the drop-down.
Step 4: Link your phone with the same wifi network used for your Firestick.
Step 5: Tap on the cast icon on the phone. The symbol will be displayed in the ‘control center.' (The cast option may vary from Android phone model to model)
Step 6: Now plug in your Firestick remote to television; if the Firestick has been turned on, the name will be shown in the available devices list. Now choose the particular device and wait until the mirroring process begins.
The below-listed way helps you to link both devices to the same network used by Airscreen. Airscreen is an iPhone app that lets you mirror an iOs screen to a Firestick via the IOS Airplay feature.
Step 1: Enter Airscreen in the Firestick's search option. Download the Airscreen app from the iPhone's app store.
Step 2: After installing the app, tap on Start now.
Step 3: Now navigate the control center and click on screen mirroring.
Step 4: Tap on the Firestick's name, the screen mirroring will start.
Now open the Sky Go app on your mobile phone and start streaming any content or video services. Simultaneously, it will show on the Firestick.
There's no denying that Sky Go is an ideal choice for anyone who wants to enjoy the different types of content. You can use stream Sky Go to watch the TV channels and download the media in the best quality to watch later on.
It is believed that the methods mentioned above will surely help you to install the Sky Go application on Firestick in no time. Without wasting any time, download Sky Go now and watch movies and TV shows in high definition, sitting in the comfort of your house.