uTorrent is by far the most popular and widely used torrent client in the world. It also poses a greater threat in terms of privacy vulnerabilities among all the other torrent software. Websites like Pirate Bay, Kickass Torrents, RARBG, and few others constantly get block by the government, ISPs, and other legal authorities. uTorrent VPN is answer for this.
Therefore, it’s just a matter of time before someone tracks your online activities in your chrome and fines you for that. Using uTorrent VPN could help you bypass that restriction and save you from any fine or going to jail. These legal authorities are certainly not happy with the torrenting environment and can accuse you of using legal government laws.
However, you are lucky as you can use uTorrent VPN to surf the internet safely. So today, we will be discussing the importance of using a VPN service. We will also be discussing how to use uTorrent with a VPN for safer downloads, and the best open VPN available in the market. But before understanding the principle of working with VPN services, let’s know what torrent is and how it works.
What Is Torrenting?
Sharing data and uploading or downloading various files through torrent clients like uTorrent or BitTorrent in a network is called torrenting. In torrenting, you are not downloading files from a central-based server. Instead, you are downloading files from someone else’s devices on the same network.
In simple words, you are letting other people use your downloaded file data to help them download files on their systems. This method is called ‘peer-to-peer’ or P2P file sharing. uTorrent is just a medium to help you connect to their network. These softwares are available online for free and you can download them on various devices.
Anyone uploading or downloading a particular file is called ‘peer,’ and altogether, they are referred to as a ‘swarm.’ The way uTorrent works is that a user can download a single file from different users all at once or upload files to multiple utorrent users simultaneously.
Torrenting has a very bad reputation for being associated with piracy as it is widely used for sharing and downloading files that belong to private authorities. Files like movies, TV shows, streaming services, music, software, and games are safe by copyright laws like ipv6. Torrenting has few benefits, too, like it puts less burden on the centralized servers because of the distribution of hosts among various users.
Torrenting – Legal or Illegal?
The word ‘Torrenting’ is not illegal in general but sharing and downloading copyrighted content definitely is illegal. Although, it would be too quick to determine which content is safe by copyright and which is not. Some content falls under the gray area. Therefore you could be on the innocent side and always use firewall.
The ISP or Internet Service Provider uses uTorrent or any other torrent client to monitor the online activities and can take strict actions against you if you are caught torrenting illegally. Strict actions such as internet connection throttling (slowing down) or even a warning letter which is extremely rare.
A well-aware piracy-conscious torrent user will always use an outperforming and reliable VPN service to keep their online activities hidden from Internet Service Providers and government. Among other various applications, VPNs like IPVanish VPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark and NordVPN are best for torrenting. If you don’t want ISP, government, legal authorities, or hackers to snoop on your online activities, choose IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish VPN provider doesn’t keep track of your activities, and it is not established in a country with customer record demands using any legal laws. It is one of the fastest performing VPN and doesn’t affect the internet download speeds while downloading files.
Is uTorrent Safe?
As already discussed before, uTorrent is one of the most popular and official torrent clients that was introduced by the same creators of BitTorrent. It is proprietary software that is maintained and monitored by a legal company in the USA which means it is not open-source.
Just like any other application, uTorrent is legal software that can also be used for illegal activities like piracy, sharing copyrighted content, and much more. The official uTorrent client is malware-free, which you can pair with IPVanish VPN safely and privately. However, that doesn’t mean that it would prevent you from downloading viruses and other malicious files thereafter.
There are few steps that you need for pairing the uTorrent client with the VPN software. We will be discussing them in the latter part of this article:
Sharing and downloading of copyrighted material while using uTorrent or any other means is considered illegal in most countries and is highly unsafe to use. Sites like Pirate Bay and Kickass Torrents are known to host malware that will affect your computer in many ways. Just download torrent and you are start torrenting.
The hosts and trackers claim to find, organize and simply share the information that’s already there on the internet and do not engage in any illegal activities, and we believe that isn’t true. You must always take precautions regardless. Some trackers had to face extreme legal scrutiny for enabling and encouraging theft from content creators.
However, it’s always about the users. Moreover, there are millions of users on the internet who host and share files from their computers. Activities such as uploading and downloading movies, software, music, games, TV shows on netflix, adult content, ebooks, and much more.
If you are well aware of the torrenting world, then you must be familiar with the term ‘peer,’ which means the common tracker that various users are connected to. Peers are of two types- ‘torrent file’ and ‘magnet link,’ which are used to download the target file from the other users. These users are on the same network who have downloaded the respective file already, and they are called ‘seeds.’
Therefore, if a leech has finished downloading the target file, he/she becomes a seed for others to download the same file from their computer. It is consider a humble etiquette for a leecher to seed as well. This way, you can keep a torrent file alive.
How To Stay Safe While Using uTorrent?
The best way to stay safe while torrenting is by using a uTorrent VPN. A good quality VPN service has two things in common.
First, it will re-route your internet traffic from a specific vpn server location of your choice that changes the IP address and hides your real one. This applies an extra layer of security and makes your connection anonymous which is hard for someone to track.
Secondly, it will encrypt the traffic data before it leaves the system. This way, the ISP, hacker, or any government official cannot monitor your online activities.
Always make use of a good quality uTorrent VPN like IPVanish VPN. They have built their application to be perfectly compatible with the uTorrent work-frame. There are many free VPN services available, but never trust them as they are known for notoriously capturing and leaking your private data, cap the bandwidth and data, and barely has any DNS leak protection. However, a good VPN should also provide strict no-logs policy.
How Can uTorrent VPN Keep You Safe While Torrenting?
uTorrent VPN app is necessary to keep you safe while torrenting because it helps in minimizing and overcoming the risks involved in such activities. We have done a lot of research and selected few reasons to use uTorrent VPN, and they are as follows:
- uTorrent VPN connection protects IP addresses: When you upload or download files with torrent clients, the IP address is exposed to everyone who is connected with that file. Using a uTorrent VPN gives a different IP address to stay anonymous. This way, the reallocation, and identity are safe from the copyright trolls and hackers. Moreover IPVanish VPN also provide you great customer support and it has an excellent support team.
- uTorrent VPN helps to bypass ISP Throttling: Due to an unprotected internet connection, your ISP can monitor all your online activities, even while you are torrenting. If torrent surfing is illegal and falls under the grey area in your location. Then your ISP throttles your internet connection by reducing the bandwidth and fast speeds. A good quality uTorrent VPN would encrypt all the internet traffic from your computer. This way, your ISP can’t track your internet activities, and they will have no evidence or reason to slow down your internet speed.
- uTorrent VPN bypass: Few countries have strict rules and regulations regarding the torrenting environment. Thus they block torrent sites regularly. Sometimes, the torrent website is not even blocked in your country, but the school or university employer chooses to block them for some reason. uTorrent VPN routes your internet traffic through their servers based in different locations. You can easily bypass those restrictions while connecting to a country where the website is legal.
IPVanish VPN Configuration For Safe Torrenting
IPVanish VPN is popular for having a huge number of servers. They don’t store any of your activity logs which makes it safer to surf the internet without getting bothered by any copyright trolls. The application is available on almost all platforms, including Windows, Macos, Android, iOS, Linux, Firestick, etc.
As already mentioned, they don’t have any internet traffic logs, they have amazing speed and reliable simultaneous connections, they have military-grade encryption on connections, traffic, and communication. All these things are private at all times. The best thing about IPVanish VPN is that they have enabled the kill switch and DNS leak protection. Moreover, IPVanish also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to you. Therefore IPVanish the best VPN for utorrent.
Now let us see how to configure IPVanish for safe torrenting:
- Download IPVanish VPN software from their official website
- Install the application, then create your username and password to sign-in to IPVanish
- Go to settings and check the following settings:
- Encryption: IPVanish uses 256-bit AES encryption for data security while some other VPNs have 128-bit encryption. Make sure to use AES 256
- Protocol: Use IPVanish secure protocol wherever possible. Avoid using PPTP as it is an outdated protocol that is not safe for torrenting
- Kill Switch: Every time you use uTorrent, make sure to turn the kill switch on
- Leak Protection: Both IP and DNS leak protection should be enabled
- Split Tunneling: Using this feature will allow you to choose the amount of traffic passing through the VPN. This will leave some remain unencrypted. In simple words, you can encrypt the torrent traffic and access the local sites totally unencrypted with the help of regular internet. That means you can use your local IP address to share files and surf torrent sites with a different IP address at the same time.
- Choose your server location. Select a torrent-friendly server with P2P server encryption. Also, make sure to choose a country where the torrent website is legal like the USA or Spain.
- Connect to IPVanish VPN: IPVanish will notify you when the connection to a secure server has been established. Hence it’s safe to use torrent now.
Install IPVanish VPN On Windows
- Visit the IPVanish VPN website and go to Apps > Windows > Download Windows App
- Open the downloaded file run it
- Set the Install Location of the application. We recommend you let the installation files be in the default location. However, in case you have external drives, you can click Browse and select the appropriate drive for the application installation. Click Install
- A pop-up window will open, click Yes
- Another pop-up window will open, click Run, and then Yes
- After the installation procedure is complete, the application will redirect you to its user interface, where it will ask you to put your IPVanish login credentials. Create your username and password for IPVanish VPN. After you are provided with your IPVanish login credentials, hit the SIGN IN button.
Install IPVanish VPN On Mac
- Visit the IPVanish VPN website and go to Apps > Mac > Download Windows App
- Open the downloaded file from the Downloads folder
- Drag and drop the IPVanish application to the application folder for the installation
- If you don’t have an account, create a username and password for IPVanish VPN. After doing that, enter your username and password in the respective fields while the Mac client is running. Press LOGIN
- After you login into the IPVanish database, a popup window will appear with a message saying BEGIN TUTORIAL. Click that if you are a first-time user, or you can just press the SKIP icon to move further.
- After entering into the IPVanish user interface, choose country, city, and server. Click The CONNECT button and continue browsing on uTorrent.
This is the proper way to use uTorrent with a VPN for safe downloads. So now you can safely download any TV series or movie with the help of the uTorrent VPN. Moreover, you can do this in a safe and secure way.