What is Vudu?
Gone are the days when people used to watch live tv with the help of a cable connection. With the enhancement in technology, the way people consume entertainment has changed drastically. The old TVs have now been replaced either by the smart TVs or have been upgraded with the help of streaming devices like Firestick. With the growth of streaming devices, many media streaming service providers have also experienced a push. One such feature-rich media streaming platform is Vudu.
Vudu is a renowned streaming service provider that allows you to watch over 10000 movies and tv shows for free. Not just this, you also get to watch premium movies by only paying for the specific movie. Unlike other streaming platforms, you do not have to pay a monthly subscription fee. With Vudu, you get to enjoy titles like Venom Let There Be Carnage, Shang Chi, Jungle Cruise, Fandango, and many more. Vudu also gives you the option to save your money and buy movies in bundles such as The Ghostbusters bundle, Naruto Shippuden Bundle, Venom Bundle, Harry Potter Bundle, Jurassic World Bundle, and more.
Features of Vudu
There are many features Vudu offers its users that make people want to use Vudu over various other streaming platforms. Be it relating to the price, accessibility, or compatibility, Vudu has some of the best attributes to offer. Apart from a large gallery of top movies and tv shows, Vudu users get to enjoy the following features:
When it comes to pricing, unlike other streaming platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, and more, Vudu does not charge its users with a monthly subscription. You get access to up to 10000 free movies and shows for free. You get to enjoy free titles like Titanic 2, The Contract, and more. One thing to note is that all the free Vudu content comes with ads. The only drawback of Vudu is that it does not give any option to its users to get rid of the ads.
Along with the free movies, you can watch Vudu and enjoy all the latest movies by either buying them or renting them. It is one of the key features that make Vudu outshine all other streaming platforms. You will only have to pay for the movies and shows that you want to watch. There is no hidden cost present; you simply just buy or rent the movie you want to watch.
Generally, the price of the movies available at Vudu is around $3 to $6. However, the price of popular titles is sometimes more than usual. For TV shows, you can get all the seasons of a particular TV show for around $20 to $25. Vudu also gives you the option to buy movies in a bundle. This not only helps you buy all the parts of the movies at once but also saves your money. The movies you buy or get on rent can be accessed in standard definition (SD), HDX, or 4K UHD ( ultra high definition), along with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
One of the best features of Vudu is that it is now compliant with UltraViolet. This means you can upload any DVD or Blu-ray discs to the cloud and watch it later by using Vudu. Thanks to UltraViolet compliance, you can make a digital copy of all the movies you have on these DVD and Blu-ray discs. Now you will not have to worry about losing your favorite movies and shows because the DVD got scratched or broken. Not just this, because of Vudu features like easy accessibility, you get to stream these movies anywhere and whenever you want.
Vudu allows its users to use parental control, with the help of which you can regulate what your children can watch on Vudu. With the help of the parental control option, you can choose shows and movies with the help of MPAA ratings and can use the PIN to restrict access to other content. Vudu only allows its users to create one profile. You can allow your kids to access movies and shows by activating the Kids mode with the help of the pin.
Vudu free content can be streamed on almost all devices. Be it Blu-ray players, PlayStation, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Roku, LG, Samsung, Sony smart TVs, and Apple Tv. Not just this, you can also access Vudu on mobile devices. You can enjoy Vudu free movies and tv shows on android devices by downloading the app from the google play store and for ios devices through the app store.
All you need for streaming Vudu content on your device is stable internet. With the help of a reliable internet connection, stream as much content you want.
How to Install Vudu on Firestick
Want to get Vudu for fire tv? We got you covered! Vudu is one of the best apps for the firestick devices. The process of installing Vudu on Fire tv devices like Firestick, Fire tv cube, and more is not as simple as installing other apps. The key reason for this being non-availability of the Vudu TV app on the official Amazon app store. To get the Vudu TV app on your Fire Stick, you will need to sideload it . There are two ways by which one can access Vudu on Firestick.
- With the help of the Downloader app
- With the help of browser
Before installing Vudu, it is important that you first create an account on the Vudu website if you do not have an account already. Keep in mind; you only need to have a Vudu account and not any subscription. To make a new account, simply follow these steps:
- Begin the process by visiting Vudu’s official website.
- Open up the signup page and provide the given information to create your account:
- First Name
- Last Name
- After entering all the information, click sign up to create your account.
- You can also sign up to Vudu using your Walmart or Facebook account. Doing this will skip the second and third steps.
- After clicking on sign up, a new window will open. Here you can add your Credit Card, Paypal, or Vudu Gift Card along with the billing address.
Note: You can skip this step by choosing the I’ll do this later option.
After creating your Vudu account, the next step is to enable the “Installation From Unknown Sources” option. It is very important that you first enable this option before starting the process to eliminate any issues that can arise. As the name suggests, this option allows you to install any third-party app from any other source than the official Amazon Store. To enable the option, follow the given steps:
- First, open the Fire TV Stick settings.
- Search for the “ My Fire TV” option and open it.
- Open the “Developer Options” option.
- Search for the “Apps from unknown sources” option and select it.
- A new popup will open, where you will have to select the “Turn on” option.
Now, as you have completed all these steps, you can access the app by using any of the following methods:
Using Downloader App
To install Vudu on your Amazon Fire device, you will first need to download the Downloader app from the Amazon App Store and then use it to download the Vudu app. To do so, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, click on the Find option that is located at the middle bar along with the Library and the Home option.
- On the new screen, click on the Search option.
- Now search for the Downloader app by either typing or by using the voice search option.
- A new window will open, from where you can select and install the Downloader App. Make sure that you do not turn off your device or disconnect the internet connection while the app is being downloaded.
- Once the app is installed, simply open the app from your firestick apps section.
- In the Downloader app, dismiss all the prompts that get displayed and click on the empty URL box.
- Download the Vudu app by pasting this URL in the empty box.
- A new interface will open where you have to search for the Vudu icon. Click on the Vudu icon to start the downloading process.
- A new popup will open, showing the download status. You will have to wait for some time for the download to get complete. The amount of downloading time taken will depend on your internet speed.
- Once the download is complete, simply install the Vudu app. After the installation process, make sure that you delete the Vudu apk file as it is of no use now.
- Now you can simply start streaming media using the Vudu app by accessing it from the Your Apps and Channels section.
Using The Web Browser
One of the biggest features of Vudu that differentiate it from many other media streaming platforms is that you can access the Vudu content through any web browser. You can access the large gallery of Vudu’s top-quality movies and shows without installing any application. To do so, follow the given instructions:
- Click on the Find option from the Amazon firestick home screen.
- Search for the “Silk Browser”
- Select the Silk Browser log and click on it.
- A new window will open, from where you can download and install the application.
- Open the application after the installation process is completed.
- Click on the address bar of the browser located at the top menu.
- Get access to Vudu by searching the official Vudu website vudu.com
You can try watching Vudu on Firestick through VPN by using CyberGhost, Surf Shark, ExpressVPN if you are living outside of the US. However, it is unsure that the users can avail themselves of the option of using a VPN for the purpose of watching Vudu on Firestick.
Vudu is one promising media streaming app providing people with more than 10000 movies and tv shows. Either enjoy the movies for free or watch premium movies by paying only for the movie and for any subscription plan. We have tried to cover all the steps that will help you install the Vudu app on your FireStick/fire tv. However, if you still face any difficulty or have any doubt regarding the installation process or Vudu the app, you can visit our website at https://cordcuttersanonymous.com/