What is a Firestick?
Fire TV Stick is a streaming device that offers you a wide variety of features. The shape of the Amazon Fire TV Stick resembles that of a flash drive, but the size is much bigger. In short, it is responsible for converting a basic TV into a Smart TV.
This small device has many channels, programs, movies, shows, or anything the user wants to watch. With Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can live stream through an internet facility and make your watching experience wireless. At one single stop, all the needs of the viewers are catered to.
Not only the Amazon Fire TV Stick allows viewers to stream their favourite tv shows or movies, but it also supports video games. The users can enjoy playing video games on the big screen of their television when connected with Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can also get access to more than 2000 apps, along with the other advantages.
It has some striking features that make it a very famous choice for users. Some of the features include an extremely fast processor, internal memory of 8GB, Bluetooth compatibility, very easy to use and set up, portable and many more.
The best feature of the Amazon Fire TV Stick is that you can jailbreak your firestick to side-load the best firestick applications onto your device. Some of the best applications include installing Kodi which when used with the best Kodi Addons gives you access to free moves, tv shows, live tv, local news channels, live sports and more!
What do you get with the Firestick (in the box)?
The Firestick box comes equipped with everything that is required to make it work. You do not have to worry about its setup. It can be easily done with a few simple steps using the things in the box.
You will find the following things in the box when you order Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Your new Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Stick Remote
- Power adapter
- A USB Cable (power purpose)
- HDMI extender cable
- A manual booklet that will guide you through the whole setup process.
- AAA batteries
Remote: Along with your new Fire TV Stick will come the Fire TV Stick Remote. Its dimensions range around 2 inches in width and 6 inches long. Without the batteries put in it, it can weigh around 43g. The remote has Bluetooth technology as well.
The latest generation of Fire TV Stick also has the facility of Alexa so that you can operate the tv controls like pause, play, start and many more easily with just your voice. You can also use your phone as a remote control of the Amazon Fire TV Stick. It has a built-in microphone that lets your voice search.
How to convert your smartphone into a remote control for Amazon Fire TV Stick?
With a few simple steps, you can also operate Amazon Fire TV Stick with your smartphone. You will never have to worry about carrying the remote if you travel or have an effective alternative if you lose your remote. Here is a complete guide that can help you:
- The foremost step is to download the Fire TV app on your smartphone. It is a free app that is accessible on both Android and iOS.
- After that, connect it with your Amazon Fire TV Stick. You will have to need access to both your television and smartphone to move further.
- Make sure both your Amazon Fire TV Stick and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network or internet connection.
- The next step includes launching it and then signing into your Amazon account. The Fire TV Stick app will show you a list of all the Fire TV devices nearby you.
- Select the Amazon Five TV stick you want to connect. On the TV screen, which is connected to the Fire TV Stick, will be a four-digit code. You will have to link the app and the TV by writing the four-digit code on your smartphone.
- Security measures ensure that anyone on the same WiFi network, other than you, can access or control your TV.
- After connecting, you can operate the TV with the controls on your smartphone. Swipe up, down, right and left just like how it is done on a physical remote. Similarly, the other controls and buttons can be tapped from the phone screen. It is a close imitation or, in other words, a visual representation of a physical remote.
- The smartphone remote allows you to play/pause, start, go home, go back, fast-forward your videos, all with this virtual remote on your smartphone. In summary, it solves all the purposes of a real Fire TV Remote.
- Voice Controls also work through the phone, and then the TV screen will show all the results.
- Text inputs are also enabled in this smartphone. Search using the keyboard in the phone by tapping on the keyboard button.
- You can use this Fire TV App to control more than one Fire TV Device, wherever the local WiFi is accessible.
USB Cable: This USB Cable connects the power adapter to the TV connected to Fire TV Stick.
Power adapter: This power adapter has to be plugged into an outlet outside. It is the Fire TV Stick’s power source.
HDMI extender cable: A HDMI extender cable also comes in the box with the Fire TV Stick. It is compatible with televisions and connected to the tv's HDMI port of your television with the Fire TV Stick.
AAA batteries: Amazon Fire TV Stick comes with two alkaline AAA batteries for the remote in the box.
What can the Amazon Fire TV stick do?
Amazon Fire TV Stick has a large number of trusted users because of its top-notch features. Following are some of the things that the Amazon Fire TV Stick can do:
- Live Streaming: Online streaming media on television through Amazon Fire TV Stick connected to the internet. It frees the user from the hassles of traditional wired television cables.
You can choose from a wide range of channels like Disney, HBO, HDTV and apps like Spotify and Sony movies. Watch whatever you want by installing any streaming apps like Hulu, Pluto TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, Apple TV and stream live tv without any obstacles by subscribing.
- Smart TV: It converts your TV to a smart TV. When attached to the TV and internet facility, Amazon Fire TV Stick makes your watching experience a lot better by giving you all the features of a smart TV. You can also download apps from the Amazon App Store.
- Gaming: Amazon Fire TV Stick also enables you to play video games on the big screen. It can function as a video game console whenever you want to. Most of the games available on Android can be played on Fire TV.
- Cast Screen: Screen mirroring is also a very prominent feature of the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can watch digital content on your phone or tablet on the big screen of television by this feature of screen mirroring.
- Portable: Amazon Fire TV Stick is a very small and portable device. You can carry it anywhere you want to while travelling and take full advantage of its features, even when away from home. It is very easy to use and needs to be plugged in.
- Amazon Prime: Amazon Fire TV offers Amazon Prime Video members to watch their favourite video content like movies, tv shows and much more through it, without any extra cost of trouble.
- HDR: This feature is the most popular feature that users look up to while watching television. Amazon Fire TV Stick includes this high-dynamic range feature at an affordable price. It lets you watch in 4K Ultra HD with the help of Dolby Vision, HDR and HDR 10+.
How Much Does It Cost?
Amazon Fire TV Stick lets you access all the cable channels and facilities with a streaming stick. Considering the price before making a decision is very important. The price of Firestick is very affordable and has many different versions which can be purchased on Amazon. You can buy it online or offline from stores like Best Buy. You can get an idea of the price here.
- It ranges around $68 with all the accessories, including USB Cable.
- A Fire TV Stick 4K alone costs around $35 at present.
- Fire TV Stick 4K with the ethernet adapter costs $23 more. It provides 4K resolution and crisp pictures.
- You can purchase Fire TV Stick 4k Max with 2-year protection by paying just $55
- If you want a Luna Controller along with the Amazon Fire TV Stick, it will cost you $125.
How to set up Amazon Fire TV Stick for the first time?
Setting up Amazon Fire TV Stick is a very easy task. Here are the complete steps required to setup-
- The first step of setting up the Amazon Fire TV Stick includes plugging it into your television's HDMI port or USB port.
- The next step is to plug the power adapter into an outdoor outlet close to your television. However, the latest version does not require this step.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port and power adapter to your fire TV.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick works with a remote control that comes with it. Put 2 AAA alkaline batteries in the remote in the position as specified.
- Turn on the television and wait for further instructions to get displayed. Then, select the accurate HDMI input.
- Pair the remote with the Fire TV Stick if it does not get paired automatically. Press the home button on the remote for 10 seconds. If the light at the top of the remote starts to blink very quickly, stop pressing.
- Connect TV to the WiFi and download the latest software version of Fire TV.
- Sign in to your Amazon Account by putting up your mobile number or email address on the screen. Follow the instructions on the home screen and type the verification code. If you do not have an account already, you will have the option of creating a new one.
- An option for pairing your Bluetooth devices with Fire TV is also available. You can watch and enjoy TV without actually disturbing anyone around you by connecting your headphones with the TV.
Google Chromecast vs Amazon Fire TV Stick
Roku and Google Chromecast are the two prominent competitors media players. Google Chromecast is a device that can be connected to a Television, and it performs almost similar functions like Amazon Fire TV Stick. It is a smart device launched by Google. It lets you display the content on your phone on a bigger screen of TV or Monitor. The shape of the first generation Chromecast resembled that of a dongle, whereas the second-generation Chromecast is a disc-shaped device.
FireStick and Google Chromecast are both very affordable, which provide very exceptional video streaming services. Here are some notable points of comparison between Google Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The price of Amazon Fire TV Stick without accessories and remote control ranges around $35, approximately the same as that of Google Chromecast.
- Google Chromecast does not require a physical remote with it, as Amazon Fire TV Stick requires. It is a stylish small device equipped with a flexible HDMI cable.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa Voice Remote, which provides the ease of giving voice commands by speaking. You can give commands for particular actions such as start, stop, pause, rewind, fast forward, change and many more with just your voice. It provides much ease to the users and enables smooth operations. You can also connect your echo devices with a firestick.
In Chromecast, you can perform all the actions through your mobile phone or computer connected to the television. There is no need for a physical remote like in the case of the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can view any media content on your phone through Google Chromecast.
However, Google Chromecast can also be controlled by voice through the Google Home application installed on your device.
- Chromecast does not download apps on the dongle. Any application such as Netflix or Amazon Prime should be installed on your smartphone to stream it on the television. So, if you are travelling with your google Chromecast, make sure that whichever device you connect it with should have the apps you want to watch.
Amazon Fire TV Stick supports installing and downloading applications on that very device without any hassles.
- The gaming option is also available on both these devices. The users of Amazon Fire TV Stick and Google Chromecast can enjoy casual gaming from the enabled games.
- Regarding the performance, the Amazon Fire TV Stick picture display is very sharp and has great colours. Google Chromecast’s picture does not differ much from Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The output of Amazon Fire TV Stick sound ranges up to Dolby Digital Plus 7.1. On the contrary, the maximum level which Google Chromecast can reach is Dolby Digital Plus 5.1.
- An option for 4K resolution is available on both devices. Chromecast Ultra offers 4K streaming at $69, whereas Fire TV Stick 4K costs $43.
This was an overview of the versatile product Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are considering buying it, you can go through the content. The new users can follow the simple steps to set up the Amazon Fire TV Stick for the first time.
Making a comparison among the competitors is also very essential. Still, if you have any doubts regarding what is Firestick, what do you get along with it in the box, what can the Firestick do, or how much does it cost, you can visit our website for further firestick info.