What is YouTube TV?
Gone are the days people used to use cable TV to watch their favorite movies and shows. With the advancement of technology, the internet has now changed the way we consume content. People now have started using streaming services that let you watch your favorite show anytime you want. With the help of these streaming service providers, people can now turn their old TV into a smart TV. Some of the famous streaming media service providers are Netflix, Kodi, Hulu Live TV, Apple TV, and more. However, YouTube TV beats them all by providing top-quality features.
YouTube TV is one of the most popular streaming media service providers available in the market. YouTube TV is a streaming service provider that, with the help of the internet, lets you stream content on android devices, Apple devices, TV, tablets, and more. It is a one-stop solution for all the people who want to ditch their old cable tv and want to go cordless. You can enjoy a variety of channels with YouTube TV like ABC, ESPN, Fox, NBC, Starz, and more.
People often confuse YouTube TV with YouTube. However, they both are two different things. Google ensures this by operating them as two different platforms. There are some YouTube videos that you can watch on both the YouTube TV app and YouTube app, but to make proper use of both the apps, you need to have both of them installed on your streaming device.
Features of YouTube TV
When it comes to streaming service providers, people only think that streaming content is the only feature they can offer. YouTube tv costs $64.99 per month, and at this price, you get to enjoy various features like cloud DVR storage space, multiple users, and more.
Listed below are the features provided by YouTube TV:
One of the main features of YouTube TV is that of recording. Almost all the streaming service providers allow you to record shows and movies, but the perk of unlimited recording is what makes YouTube TV stand out. With the subscription of YouTube TV, you get to record your favorite shows and movies and play them whenever you want.
You get this feature for free with YouTube TV, whereas with other streaming service providers, you will need to pay an extra fee for using this feature. If not for the feature, you will need to pay extra for the storage.
YouTube TV allows you to keep your recordings in storage for around nine months. This means you can record the content and watch it whenever you want in the period of 9 months. Unlike many other streaming services providers, YouTube TV recordings extend 1 minute for regular shows and movies and 30 minutes for sports events. Not just this, YouTube TV can even detect if the program is running late or is extended.
One feature people always look for in a streaming service provider is that it allows them to use the services on more than one device. YouTube TV understands this; that is why it offers people the feature of streaming YouTube TV on three different devices simultaneously.
Not just this, if you opt for the 4k plus add-on of YouTube TV, you get to use YouTube TV on unlimited devices at the same time. One thing to keep in mind is that all the devices should be connected to the home network. In addition to this, YouTube TV gives you the freedom to add up to six users profiles to one account. This means you can have different profiles for all your family members.
Voice control is one feature that makes changes to the way you use your streaming service provider. Gone are the days when people used to use the remote to find and play their shows using the remote. Now you can simply use voice control and operate your streaming service by speaking.
When combined with Google Home speaker and Chromecast, YouTube TV lets you control the functioning with the help of voice control. You can do various things using voice control like play, pause, rewind, resume, record, watch live tv channels, and more.
The jump feature is the feature that allows you to jump to a particular different segment of a selected program. You get to use this feature in YouTube TV as the platform lets you jump to a specific segment of the selected news programs. This comes in handy when you don’t want to waste your time but want to know the latest updates.
Dark Mode is one feature that not only makes the interface look more beautiful but also keeps your eyes safe from the blue light exposure. YouTube TV supports dark mode that reduces the exposure of blue light and eliminates eye strain. It helps you enjoy your favorite content smoothly without fear of any eye strain.
YouTube TV allows its users to stream some of the shows on-demand after they are once aired on TV. Some of the channels that are provided with the YouTube Subscription let you watch them anytime on-demand. It is one of the best ways to watch any of the older episodes that you might have missed. Sometimes people often confuse this feature with DVR. However, it is different from DVR as you will not get the option to skip ads.
How to Install YouTube TV on Fire TV Stick?
YouTube Tv can be easily downloaded on Fire devices from the app store in the US. However, if you live outside of the US, installing the YouTube TV on your device is not as simple. There are three different methods you can follow when it comes to installing YouTube TV on your Amazon Fire Tv Devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k, Fire TV Cube, Firestick 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and more.
Installing YouTube TV using the Amazon App Store
If you are living in the US, you can simply download the YouTube TV app from the Amazon App store. To install the YouTube TV on your device simply just follow the given steps:
- Turn on your fire tv stick device with the help of the Alexa remote, then find and select the “Find” option from the firestick home screen.
- Now on the screen, you will have to either type YouTube TV, or you can use your voice control to speak and search YouTube TV. Once done, click on the “Search” button.
- A new interface will appear where you will see the YouTube App under the Apps and Games section. Scroll to the logo of the YouTube App and click on it.
- On the new screen, you will see the download option along with some basic information and screenshots of the app. Click on the download option and wait for the download to get completed. The time taken by the app to get downloaded will depend on the speed of your internet. To check the speed, click here.
- After the download is complete, wait for some time for the app to get installed.
- Once the app is installed, you can access it easily by pressing the “open” option or by later launching it from the Your Apps and Channels sections.
Installing YouTube TV using the Downloader App
To all the people who can not download the YouTube Tv app from Amazon App Store, you can access the content by downloading the third-party app. However, if you do not want to do so, or you already have a YouTube TV subscription, you can access the app using the VPN.
To install any third-party app, you must first enable the ‘Apps from unknown sources” option. This is the option that will allow your fire tv stick device to install applications from any other source than the official Amazon App store. In order to enable the option, follow the given steps:
- Go to the Fire TV Stick settings.
- Find the “My Fire TV” option and select it.
- Search and select the developer options.
- Find the enable the “Apps from unknown sources” option.
- On the new pop-up, select the “turn on” option.
Once the “Apps from unknown sources” option is enabled, you can install the YouTube TV application using the downloader app by following the given steps:
- In order to install the downloader app, go to the Amazon App store and search for “Downloader App.” You can do this either by typing or using voice control.
- Once the downloader is installed, paste the link to download the third-party app.
- After pasting the link, you can start downloading the app by clicking on the “go” option. Wait for the download to get completed. The amount of time taken for downloading will vary depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the apk is downloaded, click on the install button and wait for the installation to get completed.
- Once the app is installed, press the done button.
- After pressing the done option, choose the delete option in the next two prompts.
- Now you can simply just start streaming the app by opening it from the Apps and sections.
Accessing YouTube TV using the Firestick Browser
One thing about YouTube TV that differs from many other streaming service providers is that you can access YouTube TV without even installing the application. You can do so simply by using the Silk Browser that comes preinstalled in the Firestick/fire tv. Simply search tv.youtube.com in the search bar, log in using your YouTube tv account and start streaming your favorite content.
However, if you have uninstalled the Silk browser app from your Fire device, here are the steps you need to follow to access the YouTube TV using the Firestick browser:
- From the home screen, select the search option that can be found at the top left corner of the screen.
- Search for “Silk Browser”
- Click on the Silk Browser logo from under the Apps and Games section
- Download and Install the browser.
- Once installed, open the Silk Browser and search tv.youtube.com
YouTube TV is one of the best streaming services providers available in the market. Along with the option to watch your favorite movies and shows, you get features like live tv streaming services. In addition to this, you also get to watch live sports.
We have tried to cover all the steps required to install the YouTube TV on your fire devices. However, if you still have any doubt regarding YouTube TV or the installation, you can visit our website at https://cordcuttersanonymous.com/.